Essential Oils Product Set: for your physical and mental wellness
Essential oils are volatile and highly concentrated essence from plants, which mean extracting from the aromatic parts of plants, such as seeds, herbs, leaves, blossoms, by different techniques.
Aromatherapy: How essential oils work?
- When human perceives certain scents, not only special areas of the brain are activated, but also the receptors in the organs, mucous membranes and skin show a reaction.
- The topical and internal application of essential oils is to make use of the biochemical mechanism of action, e.g. to inhibit the microorganisms in the body or on the skin.
Tips: When using a certain type of oil for the first time, it should be tested in the crook of the arm to check for possible intolerance or allergy.
Which problems, ailments and disorders in which essential oils can be helpful?
- Via the limbic system, the fragrance molecules of essential oils can have a direct influence on a person’s mood and feelings. It is even possible to regulate hormone production via smells and fragrances.
- In the external and internal application of essential, the ingredients of oils stimulate reactions of the receptors of the organs, the mucous membranes and the skin. This causes parts of the essential oil to enter the bloodstream and thus to the organs.
- Essential oils can have functions in the following areas:
- Pain relief
- Facilitation of blood circulation
- Skin care
- Stimulation of circulation
- Regulation of digestive problems
- Reduction of cell damage etc.
Worth knowing: A variety of essential oils have an antifungal, antiviral and / or antibacterial effect at the same time. Some essential oils can even treat parasites.
Essential oils in aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is classified as herbal medicine, aka phytotherapy. This means various essential oils are used, to mix substances with different fragrance profiles and effects. Applications on the skin (transdermal absorption), through the mouth (oral intake) or in the air (nasal) improve well-being and alleviate symptoms of the disease. Nevertheless, aromatherapy should be seen as a supplement to traditional medicine, not as a substitute for it.
Buy essential oils: what’s important
If you want to gain your first experience of aromatherapy, you should pay attention to product quality when buying the essential oils. Naturally pure essential oils should always be the choice. They are suitable for aromatherapy and have an optimal effect, for example in the aroma diffuser.
Tips: Enjoy the best value by buying the top 6 essential oil sets from Casida. The set, packaged in a recyclable paper box, is well suited as a gift. The high-quality, light-blocking violet glass bottles can prevent the ingredients from the damage of UV rays and sunlight.
Standardized vs. Naturally pure essential oils: the differences
- Pure natural essential oils consist 100% ingredients of the respective plant
- Such oils do not contain any additives (e.g. synthetic or nature-identical substances). They are completely genuine.
- An essential oil may consist of more than 600 ingredients that work together (natural fragrance profile)
- Despite modern technology, no one has yet succeeded in reproducing an essential oil by synthetic means that is identical to its natural counterparts.
What information should I notice on the label of a pure natural essential oil?
- The Latin name of the plant from which the essential oil was obtained
- The way or technique in which the essential oil was extracted.
- The quality of the essential oil.
- The batch number of the essential oil during the manufacturing process.
- Which ingredients are contained in the essential oil – keyword: Regulation of Cosmetic Products (Kosmetikverordnung).